Monday, August 10, 2015

Summer weekend recap

I'm not sure about you, but we live for the weekends in our family! We thoroughly enjoy spending time together. We are fortunate to have family and friends that have fun places to go and visit. 

This past weekend started out on Friday with a nice lunch with my grandfather, SIL and nephew. From there we walked over to the pool for a long and big swim! From there we went home for showers and put on our jammies, ordered Chinese food, and had family movie night. AND after the Mr. And I got the kids to bed we had an (at home) date night with cocktails, chats, movies and all! 

Friday:

Saturday we went to a bday party for one of my old fiends daughter! It was Alamo gymnastics, which if I may say so myself, truly is one of the easiest and fun places to have a bday party; it's very affordable as well!! I have to share with you what we got J... She was turning 5 so we needed to step up our gift from the Melissa and Doug wooden cake and book to a little more mature gift. So we got her a gymnastic outfit and put it in a doughnut sparkly mini backpack! Instead of a book as her card we made a homemade card. JF loves crafts and especially got a kick out of makin J's bday card! I think it's a fun, inexpensive way to present a gift and my kids were involved which makes it extra special!! 

Saturday:
 
Then from the birthday party we headed out to Hondo to stay at a friends ranch for the night! It is absolutely beautiful and is literally a hop, skip, and a jump away! We got there and went straight to the pool! 

We all sat around the dining table to enjoy a wonderful meal that Linds made and Tom said the blessing! How many of you bless your food before you eat? We do, but I have to admit there are times that we get in such a hurry to sit down to eat and skip the prayer. There is something so simple and powerful about thanking Jesus for our food. It is a blessing to be able to serve your family dinner and it is something we should all be thankful for! You know, as I get older I'm starting to realize, it really is in the little things that go far with yourself, others and Jesus! So thank you lord for the food that we are able to eat and nourish our bodies with and thank you for friends who pray for and with us!

The next day we woke up for coffee, breakfast, swimming at the pool and an unbelievable creek (mini lake is what I liked to call it)! I love the great outdoors and all that it has to offer. Whether it's the lake, beach, ranch, farm, or mountains, I just love it! After our time at the creek we came back cleaned/packed up & headed out! Thank you, Tom and Linds for the invite an our time at your place! We enjoyed every second of it! 

Sunday: 

What did y'all do this weekend? Were you able to get out and enjoy the great outdoors somewhere?  

I'd love to hear from you!! Comment below and follow me on Instagram @theblueeyedgemini 

Xoxo,
SM


No comments:

Post a Comment