Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Bright and Bold

Lips, lips, lips...

One of my favorite accessories is lipstick!! Is anyone with me?? With #nationallipstickday (last week) I want to share some of my favorite lipsticks and believe it or not they are not expensive in face the exact opposite!

I really love bright and bold lipsticks through out the whole year! Don't get me wrong I love a good nude or matte lip, but to me a bright or bold lip is a statement in itself. Really all you have to add is mascara and call it a day! 

Last summer I was obsessed with hot pink!! This particular one was by, one of my favorites, Maybelline it's called 'Pink Pop' (#860). It's kind of a Barbie pink and may be really obnoxious for some but not for me!😉💋 I know I have non pink lovers out there but this girl loves pink and color and I'm not afraid to branch out when it comes to my hair or make up!! In fact I really like to change things up that way! Anyway, that was my favorite go to all Summer last year! 

But this summer I have lead to more purplish/pink lip colors! 

Here's (my) Summer (2015) go to favorites:

1. Revlon Color Stay Overtime called 'All night Fuchsia'... AND may I tell you that my beautiful and very sassy grandmother wore this color, so it means a lot to me to wear this! As if I don't always think of her I'm constantly reminded when I put this on!

2. Maybelline 'Mesmerizing Magenta' Matte (#680) this color to me is the perfect combination of the first and last (All night fuchsia and vibrant violet) lip color. 

3. Maybelline 'Vibrant Violet' Matte (#681) 
So this one may be too brave or out there for you but if done right it really is pretty!! Like I've said before I keep the rest of my makeup very basic and fresh then slap on this with mascara and voila you're ready to go! 

So ALL of these can be purchased at Target, Wal-Mart or any drug store! I love they way they go on and stay. They leave kind of a stain to your lip so it truly is with you all day... Love!!! 


To my pink and non pink lovers... Have I made you want to try something new? Have I made you branch out?😉👍 If so, let me know by commenting below or by following me on Instagram @theblueeyedgemini I'd love to hear from you all!😘💋

XOXO,

SM



1 comment: